At R&S Plumbing and Heating we also carry out many landlord services, including:
- Landlord Gas Safety certificates – CP12
- Boiler servicing
- Portable Appliance Testing
- CO detectors
- Smoke detectors
- Annual reminder service
If an appliance fails to meet the required standard we will notify you on the day the test is carried out with an estimate/report for remedial action
Gas Safety Inspections
- Gas safety checks: a 12 monthly gas safety check must be carried out on every gas appliance/flue in a rental property. A gas safety check will make sure gas fittings and appliances are safe to use
- Maintenance: pipework, appliances and flues must be maintained in a safe condition. Gas appliances should be serviced in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions. If these are not available it is recommended that they are serviced annually unless advised otherwise by a Gas Safe registered engineer.
- During any period beginning on or after 1st October 2015 while the premises are occupied under a tenancy (or licence) the landlord must ensure that a smoke alarm is equipped on each storey of the premises on which there is a room used wholly or partly as living accommodation. A living room will include a lounge dining room and kitchen as well as a bathroom or toilet. It also includes a hall or landing. This means that a smoke alarm must be provided in working order on each storey
Carbon Monoxide Alarm
- Landlords must ensure that there is a carbon monoxide alarm fitted in any room that is used partly or wholly as living accommodation which also contains any appliance which burns, or is capable of burning, solid fuel. This would include log and coal burning stoves and open fires, even if they are not normally in use, but does not include gas and oil boilers. If an open fireplace is purely decorative and not useable then it is not covered by the regulations.
Portable Appliance Testing
PAT testing is the process of testing appliances both visually and electronically to determine whether or not they are safe to use.
Our engineers test the following:
- Signs of damage to the appliance and the supply cord
- The functionality of the switch
- Whether the correct fuse is being used
- The integrity of the live, neutral and earth wires.
- A thorough visual inspection of both the plug and leads.
- We issue a Portable Appliance Test certificate on completion of our inspection